Welcome to the Graco 4Ever review! Graco is one of those trusted names in baby and kid gear. For as long as we can remember, there’s been a Graco product or two hanging around (and they last for a good, long time, too).
The company also makes car seats for kids, and this product is a game-changer. It is a safe and comfortable car seat, first and foremost, but it is also easy to install, has lots of extras, and grows with your little one.
You will find that these seats are certainly an investment upfront, but they are worth every penny.
Let’s get into it, starting with a quick overview and then some reviews.
Graco is a company specializing in baby products stationed in North Carolina, USA. They were founded in 1942, with their first product being an automatic baby swing.
Since then, it’s been nothing but growth for Graco, as they have grown to offer car seats, play yards, strollers, and highchairs for little ones.
Now it’s time to get into what you really came for- the reviews of these great Graco products. These are sure to help you decide on a comfortable, affordable baby seat for your child.
Graco Grows4Me 4 in 1 Car Seat, Infant to Toddler Car Seat With 4 Modes, Vega
First up on our list is an affordable but super safe and high-quality car seat, designed to give parents 10 years of usage in just one seat. It can go from being a rear-facing harness seat for kids 5 to 40 lbs. to a forward-facing harness seat for kids 22 to 65 lbs. to a highback booster for children weighing 22 to 65 lbs. to a highback booster seat for those coming in at 40 to 100 lbs., and lastly, it can be a backless booster for kids 40 to 110 lbs.
One cool thing about Graco 4Ever seats is that they have a “Simply Safe Adjust Harness System.” You push a button to adjust the headrest and harness height, so you can always be certain your little one is secured properly.
Now for the most important part: This product is Graco ProtectPlus engineered. Rigorous testing of these car seats, designed to help kids stay protected in rollover, side, rear and frontal crashes, was performed. You can read more about them here, but one customer reported that her daughter suffered no injuries when they were t-boned by a garbage truck.
While every situation is going to be different, it speaks volumes for the quality of the car seat.
- Very easy to install
- Seat covers come off for easy washing and care.
- Features a handy cup holder for toddlers and young children with sippy cups
- The car seat is not compatible with strollers (can’t snap the seat into a Graco stroller).
Graco 4Ever Extend2Fit 4 in 1 Car Seat, Clove
We selected the Clove, a nice unisex gray, but the Jodie model features a pretty purple color scheme, great for making any kid feel royalty as they ride. Colors aside, this is functional and safe, not to mention a beautiful car seat.
It is a 4 in 1 car seat that offers parents 10 years of usage. Kids ranging anywhere from 4 to 120 lbs. can comfortably stay seated as they ride. The inserts can be easily removed and washed should juice be spilled or an accident happens.
It also offers Extend2Fit technology, which grants your child 5 inches of extra legroom as they grow and lets them ride rear-facing longer.
As with the other great Graco products, this one also features the Simply Safe Adjust Harness System, so it takes just one hand and the press of a button to adjust the headrest for your little one.
Any harnesses you are not currently using can be stored safely using the compartments included. Two cup holders are great for holding snacks and sippy cups, and the harness straps are easy to wipe down.
This car seat was also tested in accordance with Graco’s ProtectPlus testing: this is a series of rigorous tests designed to see how the seat fares in frontal, side, rollover, and rear crashes. All car seats manufactured by Graco meet or exceed US Standards for child seat safety.
- The rear-facing seat limit is 50 lbs. (regular seats only go to 40lb)
- Cushioning keeps your kid’s head supported and whole body comfortable during the ride.
- Makes use of LATCH system for easy installation and switching between cars
- Cup holders can be easily pulled out by kids.
Graco 4Ever 4-in-1 Convertible Car Seat, Matrix
Here is a padded car seat that once again offers 10 years of use for your child. It is an exceptional value and features the ability to convert into a rear-facing, forward-facing, highback booster, and backless booster seat, depending on what age your little one is. Yes, it is even safe for babies 4lbs and up, so the vast majority of newborns will be able to use this.
The car seat also includes the LATCH feature, loved by Graco customers everywhere. This system gives parents a simple attachment that takes just one second and comes with an audible cue, so you know it is securely installed.
Your kiddo can also relax and nap on those long car trips with the recline feature. The headrest is adjustable, and the Simply Safe Harness System helps you get it just right for your child’s comfort and safety.
There are two cupholders included, so snacks and drinks, even a toy, can be kept at arm’s reach. Great for moments when you can’t stop to help right away. Like the other car seats, this includes a removable cover you can slip off and throw into the washing machine.
An important feature…
Most important of all is the safety tests these car seats are put through. Graco uses its own system called ProtectPlus to ensure the car seats stand up to roll over, rear, side, and frontal crashes. We highly encourage you to read the reviews for this one as you will see one parent who was glad they chose this seat for their child.
- Installation is easy, great for new parents.
- Very easy to get your child in and out
- Harness is easy to adjust.
- The product is not compatible with any stroller.
Graco 4Ever Extend2Fit Platinum 4-in-1 Car Seat, Hurley
This one’s for all you parents with quickly growing kids out there. You know, the type of kids where you put a pair of jeans on them one week and the next the jeans have become highwater pants.
That’s because this seat features “Extend2Fit” technology. You can make the seat taller or shorter depending on the needs of your child. You can provide him or her with up to 5 inches of extra legroom, which allows them to ride rear-facing longer.
You get all the other excellent features associated with Graco car seats, such as the Simply Safe Harness Adjustment system, as well as simple installation using the EZ-Tight Latch system. It takes just 3 steps to get this seat in release and attach the Latch, retract the EZtight Latch and finally press on the seat’s center to tighten it all up.
And as you probably already guessed, this is four seats in one- you get a rear-facing infant seat, a forward-facing five-point harness seat, a booster seat with a back, and finally, a backless booster. And yes, this car seat is tested using Graco’s ProtectPlus program. That means it is tested to ensure your child’s protection in rollover, side, frontal, and rear crashes.
Riding in Luxury
Lastly, this features a removable, washable cover, plus two cupholders for easy access to drinks or snacks for your child. You may be wondering what the difference is between this version and the other Extend2Fit model we featured earlier is. Well, not much- except this one features more plush fabric for an even more comfortable ride. Think of it as a luxury car seat!
- The seat is reclinable for added comfort.
- Very easy to install
- Fuss Free harness storage included
- Only one color to choose from
Graco 4Ever 4 In 1 Car Seat featuring TrueShield Side Impact Technology
The first thing of note about this car seat is that it features TrueShield Side Impact technology, as the title implies. It keeps your child safe in the event that you are impacted on either side of your vehicle. It has a steel-reinforced frame, so this thing is absolutely built for toughness and security.
This car seat can be used for a total of 10 years- buying this one great product will have you set until your child makes their way from a booster seat to ride in the car with just a safety belt on.
It can be used as a rear-facing car seat, suitable for kids weighing 4 to 40 lbs., to a forward-facing 5-point harness seat ideal for kids weighing 22 to 65 lbs., to a booster seat with a high back belt-positioning system, which is suitable for kids weighing 40 to 100 lbs., and finally converts to a backless belt-positioning booster (ideal for kids weighing 40 to 100 lbs.).
Indeed, this is a seat that goes from infancy all the way to a booster seat, and it is quite affordable, too. The Simply Safe harness adjustment system makes it easy to adjust the headrest and harness height in a single motion, to make sure your little one is always strapped in properly.
The seat cover is easy to take off and wash, so inevitable juice spills, crumbs, and having accidents are not a big deal. Just throw it in the washing machine and go.
- Padding is very easy to wash if it gets dirty.
- Push the button and pull if you would like to adjust the harness straps.
- The extra padding helps your child to be comfortable and safe.
- You cannot unhook the seat to carry it around (as you can do with some infant carriers)
- The car seat cannot be unhooked to take into restaurants/other establishments.
Wondering what you should be looking for as you shop around? Here are five points to consider as you decide which car seat to purchase.
- Do I know how to install it? Be sure you can install this on your own or be trained to do it. Remember, this could save your little one’s life! Proper installation matters. Thankfully, manufacturers often produce and put out installation videos. Ensure there is a video for the one you want to buy or a local Car Seat Safety Tech near you to show you how.
- How big is my child? You know their age, but height and weight matter in the world of car seats. It changes fast, so keep those measurements noted weekly. This way, you know when it’s time to get a new seat. Alternatively, choosing a seat that changes with the child will eliminate the need to purchase new ones constantly.
- ONLY BUY NEW. You can never tell when a seat will be past its expiration if it was in an accident or suffered damage. Children should use only new seats – used seats are a no-go.
- What’s your lifestyle like? Do you switch the kids between your partner, grandparents, caretakers, etc.? If so, choose a seat you can install safely but efficiently.
- Measure the car. Make sure the seat you like fits in your car comfortably. If you have a smaller car, this is critical so you and your little one can ride in comfort. Talk to other parents and read reviews to see what kind of cars they drive and how the seat fits in their vehicle.
We hope you enjoyed our look at the Graco 4Ever seat line today!
These great car seats are amazing for safety and help your little one comfortably take naps in the car. (Side note: If you’re tired of taking the kiddos for a ride to get them to nap, click here for an idea!)
Which of these seats interest you the most? Let us know and happy shopping!