If you are currently potty training your kid and nothing seems to be working out, you may need to use potty training books. These books are also great for kids who are just starting their potty training. The key importance of teaching your kids how to use the toilet is making it fun.
Below is the list of the best potty training books you can use to teach your kid how to go to the toilet. This article will also discuss each product’s features, pros, and cons to help you choose if potty training books are for you.
Oh Crap! Potty Training
This book by Jamie Glowacki guides you step-by-step on how to potty train your child. Jamie Glowacki specializes in potty training children, and she gives you a 6-step process that is guaranteed to get that diaper off your growing toddler.
Jamie Glowacki also says that your toddler might be ready to be potty trained even at an earlier age. The common age for toddlers to start their potty training is around 20-30 months. Jami Glowacki also guides you through the steps even if your child takes longer than others.
Jamie Glowacki also answers common questions you may have when you are potty training your child. Questions like knowing when your kid is ready or why your kid does not like using the toilet in the first place.
This book answers these questions. Other factors that this book helps with are potty power struggles and your child regressing after using the potty successfully. Below are the features of the book and its pros and cons.
- It contains a detailed step-by-step guide on how to potty train your children.
- This book helps start the potty training of your kids at an earlier age.
- This book helps answer common questions like “what to do during nighttime?”
- It also guides you when you notice your child’s progress regressing after doing so well.
- This book will guide you when your child does not want to use to potty
- It covers the subject of potty power struggles.
- It tells you when your child is ready to be potty trained.
- Answers the question of why your child would not use the potty
- It covers the topic of potty power struggles.
- Has a 6-step guide of potty training your kid
- It shows how you can get your daycare provider to participate in the potty-training lessons.
- It may not make the experience fun for your child.
- Purely informational
Potty Training in 3 days
This Potty-Training book is specifically designed for toddlers aged 1 to 3 years old. The book helps your toddler ditch the diapers in just 3 days. This book is written by Brandi Brucks and contains numerous expert advice when it comes to potty training.
Aside from this, the Potty Training in 3 Days book also provides a proven plan including 5 steps that simply work when it comes to potty training your child. The book also helps you understand your child’s mindset and what happens when they are potty training.
Lastly, the book teaches you how to stay patient and cool whenever you experience any accidents. We all know how frustrating it can be when your child has an accident. However, keeping calm and rewarding your child are key components to success.
- It contains a proven plan to help your toddler ditch the diapers in just 3 days
- It covers all the knowledge you need when it comes to potty training your child and being successful in only a few days
- This book helps encourage your child even after three days
- It lets you understand how your child’s mind works during potty training
- It gives you ways to stay patient and calm whenever your child has accidents
- It helps potty train your child after just 3 days
- An in-depth guide to potty training
- Encourages your child throughout the potty-training process
- It helps you learn the mind of your child when it comes to potty training
- It keeps you calm and patient during the potty-training process
- 3 days may not be enough for other kids to properly potty train
P is for Potty!
A key factor to making potty training successful is making the experience fun for your kids. P is for Potty contains Sesame Street characters that teach your kids how to properly use the potty in a fun and exciting way.
The book is written by Naomi Kleinberg and contains a lift-the-flap board that will withstand your toddler reading and holding it for hours. The book also contains 30 flaps that your toddler can find and open to keep the entertainment going while learning.
The book is perfect for toddlers aged 3 years old and contains 12 pages to read. Make potty training a fun experience for your kid by letting the sesame street characters teach them a step-by-step guide in using the potty properly.
- Fun and an exciting step-by-step guide to potty training made for kids
- It contains sesame street characters teaching your kid how to use the potty properly.
- It has a lift-the-flap board that can withstand your kid holding the pages even after a long time.
- It contains hidden page flaps that your toddler can find to keep the learning experience enjoyable.
- This book is perfect for toddlers aged 3 years old.
- Interactive book for your children to learn potty training
- Durable material that can withstand tear and wear
- Entertaining page flaps to keep your toddler’s attention
- Make potty training a fun experience.
- Made for kids, it does not talk about the steps you should do as an adult.
The First Time Parent’s Guide to Potty Training
If you are a first-time parent, it can be nerve-wracking to start potty training your kid. We know you have a lot of questions when it comes to potty training your kid for the first time. This book will thoroughly guide you and answers all the questions you may have when potty training your kid.
First-time parents have a lot of worries when it comes to their child, and this book is specifically made for first-time parents who want to start potty training your kid. The book uses a proven, 3-day program to successfully potty train your child.
The book also contains methods you can use and how to prevent accidents and backsliding when it comes to potty training. The book will also guide you according to your child’s feelings during the potty training.
- Written specifically for first-time parents who want to potty train their child
- It uses a proven, 3-day program to potty train your child successfully.
- It gives advice when it comes to accidents, backsliding, and temper tantrums.
- It helps you guide your child according to how they are feeling during the potty training.
- It also talks about what to do during the nighttime.
- It uses a 3-day, proven program for potty training.
- Contains troubleshooting advice for accidents, backsliding, and temper tantrums
- Potty train your child according to your child’s feelings.
- Perfect for first-time parents that are potty-training their kid
- Provides an in-depth, step-by-step guide when it comes to potty training your kid
- It may not make potty training a fun experience for your child.
Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood Potty Time!
Potty Time is written by Scarlet Wing and Cottage Door Press. This book contains interactive buttons and sounds to help your kid learn how to use the toilet properly. The book makes potty training entertaining and fun.
The book also features scenarios and music that can be found on PBS kids. Make potty training fun for your kid by singing along to Daniel Tiger’s Potty Time book. The book also contains a handle to make it easier for your toddler to bring the book anywhere.
- It contains an interactive book to make potty training a fun experience for your child.
- It has a handle that lets your child bring the book anywhere.
- It contains music and songs to sing along with and learn about using the potty.
- The book contains scenarios that can be found on PBS kids.
- It makes potty training fun and interactive for your kid.
- It contains songs your kid can sing along.
- Has a handle for bringing the book anywhere, perfect for kids
- It has PBS Kids featured scenarios.
- Purely interactive for kids, no extra information for parents to guide their kids in the potty training
Dino Potty, Learn to Potty with Dino
Make Potty training fun and simple by reading Dino Potty to your child. This book is written by Rainstorm Publishing and Kidsbooks Publishing to help your child with potty training using illustrations and simple steps.
The Dinosaur Character in this book shows your kid how to use the toilet with simple rhymes and steps. The book is perfect for children aged 2 to 4 years old. The Dinosaur character in the book teaches your kid how to use the toilet simply by using scenarios during real potty training so your kid can follow along.
- It contains fun and simple steps your toddler can follow along during potty training.
- Design specifically for kids aged 2 to 4 years old
- It uses colorful illustrations to give potty training scenarios to your kid.
- It contains simple rhymes and steps your kid can follow.
- This book is for toddlers aged 2 to 4 years old.
- Has colorful illustrations
- Has simple rhymes and steps that makes potty training easier to learn for your kid
- The dinosaur character guides your toddler through the potty-training process.
- It is not as interactive compared to other children’s books.
- Does not contain additional advice for parents in guiding their kid during potty training
Buyer’s Guide When Buying Potty-Training Books
Before buying a Potty-training book, there are some factors you must consider. Below is the list of factors you should consider before purchasing a Potty-training book.
Before buying a Potty-training book, check if the book contains an in-depth guide to help you or your child during the Potty-training process. Some books use a proven, 3-day plan when teaching your toddler how to use the potty.
However, not all toddlers learn potty training in three days, and if that method does not work for you, you may need to find a book that uses a different method. Check if the book also contains additional support after the potty-training program.
We all know accidents happen. Whether it is your first-time parent or not, expect accidents to happen during potty training. Books that give additional advice on how to handle accidents and prevent them can help with your child’s progress. Other factors you can look into are backsliding and power struggles.
Aside from accidents, find a book that gives additional advice when it comes to handling your child’s feelings during the potty-training process. If you find your child having anger issues that lie beyond potty training, you may want to read more about it here.
If you would like to make potty training for your kid fun, you may want to take a look into Interactive Books. Interactive books keep your child interested in potty-training lessons while encouraging learning. These kinds of books can also help associate your child associate potty training positively and encouragingly.
Aside from this, Interactive books with additional visuals and music can help your child learn about using the potty properly faster. Kids that are visual learners may benefit from Interactive books compared to traditional training.
If you are starting to potty-train your child, potty training books can help guide you through the entire process. The books can also provide advice and tips when it comes to accidents, backsliding, or tantrums during the potty-training process.
Potty-training books can also contain a proven and effective plan that you can use when potty-training your child. However, some plans only contain three-day steps, and some children learn slower, which makes this kind of plan not suitable for other kids.
Lastly, you can also choose interactive Potty-training books to make the potty-training process fun and entertaining for your child. This kind of book helps your kid learn potty-training using simple steps and scenarios that your child can follow.