With the rise of technology, more and more kids experience less outdoor play. And with the hit of the pandemic, going outdoors for playing may pose a health risk for your child. Your kid’s health is important but so is physical play.
Outdoor play is essential for developing necessary motor skills and confidence in the early stages of childhood. A great way to build confidence and improve physical capabilities are outdoor climbing toys that you can easily install in your backyard. If you’re looking for ways to boost confidence of your shy child, read my article on that here, and I’m sure you’ll find it super helpful.
Below are the best Outdoor Climbing Toys for your kids:
Little Tikes Climber
What better way to start physical play for your little one than a rock climber with a slide? This Climber has a rock wall perfect for toddlers who are new to climbing. The rock wall is easy to climb and is suitable for smaller toddlers who are only learning to climb.
Aside from the rock-climbing wall, the toy also contains a gentle slope slide for extra entertainment and physical fun. The slop slide ensures that your child has a soft landing, preventing injuries.
The Little Tikes Climber also contains a crawl tunnel that can double as your kid’s hideout. Play hide and seek with the tunnel and promote social interaction with other children. This toy is perfect for children ages 0 to 4 years old.
- It features a rock-climbing wall perfect for beginners and young toddlers who are just learning how to climb.
- The toy contains a crawl tunnel that can double as a hideout to promote games children love like hide-and-seek.
- This climbing toy also includes a slide that makes physical play more entertaining for your young toddler.
- The slide makes sure that your toddler has a soft landing, preventing injuries.
- The slide and rock-climbing wall height are perfect for young toddlers ages 0 to 4 years old.
- This toy is safe for children who are just beginning to learn how to climb.
- It helps promote physical play and confidence in your toddler.
- The toy contains both a climbing wall, slide, and crawl tunnel to keep your toddler entertained for hours.
- The slide ensures safe landings, preventing health risks.
- Storage can be a problem. The toy is bulky and requires a lot of space.
Lifetime Dome Climber
The Lifetime Dome Climber is a simple Climber perfect for outdoor play. This toy climber is free-standing and sturdy. There is no need to use cement to hold this dome climber in place. The climber has a dome shape that helps keep it from moving.
Your Dome Climber will last for years to come because its made of heavy-duty coated steel. This material is extremely sturdy and prevents any accidents or injuries to your kids. The Lifetime Dome Climber does not contain any lead-based material, making it safe for children.
No need to worry about repainting the dome climber because the material is UV-resistant. This effect helps retain strength and color. The dome is extremely low maintenance and does not stain even after consistent use.
- No need to use cement because the Dome Climber is free-standing and sturdy on its own.
- The Lifetime Dome Climber is made of heavy-duty steel that is powder-coated for extra durability.
- The Dome Climber does not contain any lead-based material, making it safe for kids.
- The Lifetime Dome Climber has UV-resistant material, which helps retain strength and color.
- No need to repaint the dome because it does not stain even after using for a long time.
- You can choose between different sizes from 54 inches to 66 inches.
- It is extremely durable and strong because it is made with powder-coated steel.
- No need to use cement.
- The dome is low maintenance.
- There are no traces of lead-based materials used in the dome.
- The material is UV-resistant, which prevents any color fading.
- There are different size options.
- Installation can be confusing.
- The toy is bulky and requires a lot of storage space.
Climbing Rope Tree Swing
The Climbing Rope Tree Swing is a portable climbing rope and swing all in one. You can install this toy in your backyard if you have a sturdy tree near by. It has an adjustable length and is perfect for building balance and strength for your kids.
The kit includes all the hardware you need during installation. You can rest assured that the swing is completely safe because it is made with approved materials to withstand up to 120 lbs. in weight.
The material is also soft on your child’s hands to prevent any abrasions. Installing this rope swing is also convenient and simple. Lastly, buying this toy also helps out a charity that gives food to less fortunate children.
- It contains Heavy-duty and easy to install tree straps.
- This toy is a climbable rope and swing in one.
- It can support up to 120 lbs.
- This toy supports a charity that helps feed less fortunate children.
- This toy can be installed in minutes.
- It has a weight capacity of 120 lbs.
- It uses sturdy materials that are soft on the hands.
- It can help build strength and balance.
- This toy can pose risks if your tree is not sturdy enough.
Kids Climbing Cargo Net
The Kids Climbing Cargo Net is a popular climbing toy that you can install in your backyard. This toy helps promote healthy physical activities for your kids. A cargo net can help improve motor skills and coordination skills of your child.
This toy is for children who have high energy and enjoy an extra challenge in climbing. A wooden frame on the top and bottom helps make this toy highly durable while also offering stability. The cargo net is also made with sturdy and thick nylon rope to keep your kids safe.
- The cargo net has a wooden frame to support both the top and bottom shapes of the toy.
- This toy is extremely sturdy because it is made with real wood and contains a thick nylon rope that makes it safe for climbing.
- This toy is perfect for kids who would like a little more challenge in climbing.
- It helps develop motor skills, strength, and balance.
- This toy improves the physical capabilities of your child.
- It is extremely sturdy and durable.
- It is made with thick nylon rope to support your child’s climbing.
- This toy is not suitable for young toddlers or toddlers who are new to climbing.
Gentle Booms Obstacle Course
If your kid is more on the adventurous side, you may want to install an obstacle course in your backyard. This obstacle course tests the physical capabilities of your child and develops the strength of their core.
The Gentle Booms Obstacle course caters to different skill levels from beginner to advanced, depending on how you install the obstacle course. The climbing toy is made with extremely sturdy materials that have a weight capacity of 440 lbs.
This obstacle course is also a great way to build an exercise routine. The materials are coated in rubber to increase durability and strength. The brand also has a responsive customer support service that guarantees a full refund if you are not satisfied with their product.
- It promotes the growth of your kid’s physical capabilities.
- It is a great way to exercise and promote a healthy body.
- The toy is made with sturdy materials that have a weight capacity of 440 lbs.
- The obstacle course caters to varying skill levels.
- It contains multiple unique obstacles for entertainment.
- Improves the strength and balance of your kid.
- Heavy-duty and sturdy.
- It can cater to all skill levels.
- Portable and easily stored because of its carry case.
- It has a money-back guarantee.
- This outdoor climbing toy requires constant supervision at all times.
Ninja Tree Climbing Holds
These Ninja Tree Climbing holds are extremely durable and can be easily installed on a nearby tree in your backyard. The Climbing Holds are made of premium quality plastic resin that prevents any cracking or color fading.
The materials of these Climbing Holds are also weather-resistant and are easy to grip for kids. The toy improves the flexibility and strength of your child. You can easily install and disassemble the climbing holds because of their tie-down straps, making them perfect for traveling.
The climbing holds also contain textured straps and grips that make it easier for climbing. This toy can not only improve your kid’s flexibility but also boost their confidence. The kit contains 12 Climbing Holds in different colors.
- This toy improves the flexibility and strength of your child.
- Ninja Tree Climbing Holds has a weight capacity of 230 lbs.
- The toy can be installed and disassembled easily.
- The holds are made of premium quality resin that prevents cracking and color fading.
- The toy has easy-to-grip handles and is weather resistant.
- Conveniently install and disassemble the holds.
- It has a storage case that is perfect for traveling.
- The weight capacity of this toy is 230 lbs.
- Improves the strength, flexibility, and agility of your kid.
- This toy needs constant parental supervision.
- Durability depends on the tree you are using. It can pose some injury risks.
Buying Guide for Outdoor Climbing Toys
Outdoor Climbing Toys improve the physical capabilities of your children. However, toys that do not have sturdy material can cause accidents and injuries to your children.
Below is a buying guide you can follow for buying Outdoor Climbing Toys:
Check Weight Capacity
The best way to prevent an accident or injury is to check the toy’s weight capacity first. Toys with a higher maximum weight capacity reduce the chances of the toy breaking and causing injuries to your child.
Aside from this, the weight capacity can also help determine the durability of your Outdoor Climbing Toy. Check the weight capacity of the toy and ensure it is compatible with the weight of your child.
Aside from the weight capacity, buying an outdoor climbing toy suitable to your child’s skill level is important. Children who have not climbed before should climb toys that are for beginners.
At the same time, children who are used to climbing may want a more advanced climbing toy to improve their physical capabilities. Check the skill level of the climbing toy to see if it is suitable for your child.
When it comes to outdoor climbing toys, durability is one of the most essential factors that you need to keep your kids safe during playtime. Before buying an outdoor climbing toy, check the material of the toy to see if it is sturdy and durable.
Aside from this, check if the toy can resist wear and tear. Weather can cause outdoor climbing toys to break and colors to fade. Outdoor climbing toys that are not durable may need repainting and constant maintenance.
Check your storage conditions. Some Outdoor Climbing Toys cannot be easily disassembled, and you may need to keep them in your backyard. Other toys may need to be installed on trees or other sturdy platforms.
If you are planning to bring your climbing toys for traveling, you may want to find an outdoor climbing toy that can be disassembled. Some toys also contain compact storage bags that you can bring anywhere.
Outdoor Climbing Toys promote physical playtime for your child. These toys can also improve the flexibility, strength, and motor skills of your kid.
Climbing is also one way your child can gain confidence as they grow. Check your child’s skill level and buy an outdoor climbing toy that is suitable for their level.
However, you must always supervise your children whenever they are doing physical activities such as climbing.
If your outdoor climbing toy is not made of durable and sturdy material, it can cause accidents and injury to your child. Buying a climbing toy that has a higher weight capacity can also help reduce the risk of accidents.