If your kid is starting to dread bath time, it can be quite a challenge to get them to love it again- particularly if they’re a toddler or older. Kids know their minds quite well at this point and can be very hard to persuade.
One of the best and most educational methods of getting your child to look forward to taking a bath is buying them an interesting bath toy or bath toy sets. Such toys can be both fun and educational and can encourage your baby or toddler to enjoy taking a bath.
In the following sections, we’ve reviewed some of the best bath toys for kids we could find along with a few tips and tricks to help you choose the best ones for them.
In this section, we’ll go through some of the best kids’ bath toys available in the market. We’ve listed the features, pros, and cons of each of these toys to give you a clear idea of what to expect from each of them. Make sure you go through each of these carefully so you can purchase only the best for your baby.
Munchkin Wind Up Swimming Penguin Bath Toy (Blue)
This is one of the best, most popular bath toys available for babies today. This adorable blue penguin is sure to make the bath time fun and something your little one looks forward to every single day.
- The penguin can swim through the bathtub
- You simply wind its arms up and release them to make the penguin swim
- It’s suitable for babies aged 9 months and above
- It can create some interesting interactive play patterns
- It encourages your kid to unleash their imagination and enjoy bath time
- It can provide your child with some great audio-visual stimulation which will speed up their learning processes
- The arms of the penguin are small enough for babies to wind by themselves
- It’s quite light which makes it ideal for babies to play with
- It’s not suitable for infants and young babies
- The paint begins to chip off after a few weeks in the bath
Nuby Floating Purple Octopus Interactive Bath Toy
This interactive toy includes a floating octopus and 3 hoopla rings that can be pegged to the octopus’ legs. This is a great interactive toy that promotes early hand-eye coordination for your baby.
- It’s soft to the touch and great for teething babies
- It can help develop your baby’s hand-eye coordination
- It’s made of bright colors that your baby will find attractive
- All the materials used in it are BPA-free
- The soft texture makes it ideal for babies
- Adding the rings to the octopus make bath time a fun activity for babies
- The interesting shapes and bright colors help stimulate your baby’s imagination
- It does not contain any holes so there’s no chance of mold formation
- The hoopla rings are small and can present a potential choking hazard for babies who are under 18 months old
- It’s a little smaller than you’d expect
Playahoy Duck Tubbing Bathtub Float Toy
This is one of the most stimulating bath toys you can purchase for your baby as it has a host of colors and shapes. The brightly-colored ducks and rings are sure to capture your baby’s imagination and make bath time their favorite time of day.
- The toy includes three floating rings and three ducks that can be connected
- You can help your baby connect the tubes and place the ducks on them
- All the ducks and tubes float in the bath
- The materials used in the toy are soft and safe for babies
- The rings are all sealed tightly to prevent water from entering
- It’s made of non-toxic materials which makes it safe for babies
- Since water can’t get inside it, there’s no chance of mold formation
- It meets all CPSC and ASTM standards
- The soft material is great for babies to play with
- It helps children develop their motor skills and hand-eye coordination
- The product contains a small amount of phthalate and shouldn’t be chewed on
Splash EZ Mold-Free Bath Toys
This set of animal bath toys are sure to be an instant hit for your baby or toddler. This bath set includes 5 animal figures – lion, tiger, unicorn, frog, and quail.
- These bath toys are designed for infants and are completely BPA-free
- The airtight design ensures that no water gets into the toys when placed in the bath
- You can use them to teach your baby to identify animals by their names
- The set makes a great gift for babies, toddlers, and kids
- The toys are easy to dry and maintain for months together
- It’s completely safe for babies
- It meets all American quality standards
- It makes great educational material for your baby
- It prevents the formation of mold and damp odors
- You can even teach your baby animal sounds with the help of these toys
- The paint wears off quite easily after few uses
- It has quite a strong chemical-like odor when unpacked
Dimple Set Of 20 Bath Floating Toys
This set of 20 toys contains everything from penguins and frogs to turtles and ships. These brightly-colored squirter toys are sure to endear themselves to your baby in no time.
- These toys can be submerged underwater, filled up, and used to spray water
- The set contains no less than 20 toys of varying shapes and sizes
- They’re made from non-toxic materials and paints that are completely safe for your baby
- These toys are both sturdy and durable and can last in good condition for months together
- The product comes with a 1-year warranty
- The bright colors and intriguing shapes will spark your baby’s curiosity
- The toys are made using good quality materials
- They’re just about the perfect size to fit into your baby’s tiny hands
- Your baby will enjoy spraying water through these toys and will look forward to bath time every day
- Since these toys are submerged in water, they can be challenging to clean up and the formation of mold over time is quite inevitable
8 Pack Light Up Toys For Babies And Toddlers
This set of light-up toys contains a dolphin, mermaid, unicorn, octopus, owl, dolphin, shark, and dinosaur. These toys contain LED lights that make them all the more appealing for babies.
- It’s made of good-quality eco-friendly materials that are non-toxic
- It’s very easy for babies to play with – you simply let your baby place it in the water and it’ll light up by itself
- Batteries are pre-installed and included with this set
- These toys are made of PVC and are quite durable
- These toys will help your baby identify various animal colors and shapes
- The lights will entice your baby and make them long for bath time every day
- These toys are completely safe for babies and the colors do not fade over time
- They’re just about the perfect size for babies to play with
- You can’t open them up to replace the batteries
Before you go ahead and purchase bath toys for your babies, you may want to consider a few factors that’ll help you make a well-informed choice. Taking these factors into account can make all the difference between choosing a toy that your baby will like and choosing one that’ll be a waste of money.
The foremost consideration while choosing a bath toy for your toddler is whether or not it’s made using good-quality materials. The best toy manufacturers ensure their bath toys are BPA-free and don’t contain any lead paint.
As babies tend to pop pretty much anything into their tiny mouths, this is a real cause for concern. You’ll want to purchase toys that are approved by all the relevant American authorities to ensure you’re buying only the safest ones for your baby.
As mentioned above, babies tend to chew on anything. Even though most bath toys are small enough to fit into a baby’s mouth, not all of them are easy to swallow.
Make sure you purchase a chewable toy and keep an eye on your toddler while they’re playing with it at all times. Better still, try and avoid purchasing very small toys that can fit easily into your baby’s mouth if they’re less than 6 months old.
Most baby bath toys are also enjoyed by toddlers and older kids. If you purchase bath toys that last long with the paint, etc. intact, you could use the toys for years to come as your baby grows.
Moreover, some of these toys come with a hefty price tag so it makes complete sense to invest in them wisely.
In conclusion, you can pick out the right bath toys for your baby if you keep the aforementioned tips and tricks in mind. While safety is the biggest consideration when choosing a toy for your baby, the educational value and texture of the toy are important too.
It’s perfectly alright if you want to pick a toy that merely entertains your baby, but having toys shaped like animals, etc., and teaching your baby to recognize them by name and sound can aid their learning processes.
If your baby has grown and is a toddler now, you can check out our reviews for the best educational toys for toddlers as well.