We all feel more comfortable if our babies eat healthy foods, we prepared ourselves. But our worlds are rushed. And time is always, always a factor, especially if there are other kids in the household too.
A proper baby food processor is an essential item. And there are many brands to choose from. It’s all a question of finding one that fulfills both your needs and expectations, and you are on your way!
With this in mind, we did some of the legwork for you. We looked at a couple of the best baby food processors we could find and took a careful look at what they do well and what they are best suited for. We also looked at what customers who bought them had to say.
- IKARE 6 in 1 Baby Food Maker
- Magic Bullet Baby Bullet Baby Care System
- BEABA Babycook 4 in 1 Steam Cooker & Blender
- Children of Design 8 in 1 Smart Baby Food Maker & Processor
- Bable Baby Food Maker for Infants and Toddlers
- WHALELOVE baby food processor
- IKARE 8 in 1 Self Clean Baby Food Processor
- Ventray BabyGrow 300 Baby Food Maker
All of these do a fantastic, nutritious job. And all of them have perks. They will give you a pretty good idea of what is on the market, and guide you to the one that is ideally suited to your needs.
IKARE 6 in 1 Baby Food Maker
This all-in-one baby food maker from IKARE is guaranteed to save you time and frustration. It is a blender and steamer in one and cooks fruit, meat, and vegetables in no time at all and preserves all the healthy stuff while it does that. No more lost vitamins and nutrients!
If you have a baby in the arm and a phone pressed against your shoulder – fear not! The IKARE is a single-handed design. It is controlled via a touch screen. And it has a whole host of handy functions. The overheat protection will shut the machine off automatically when the reservoir runs empty.
The IKARE is compact and stores easily, it is dishwasher safe, and the blade is detachable for easy cleaning.
- A steamer and a blender in one
- The overheat shut-off is excellent – how many times have you forgotten!?
- Being able to slip it into the dishwasher is a lifesaver
- It needs to run for some time to get the veggies really fine
Magic Bullet Baby Bullet Baby Care System
If you like cooking for the week ahead, the Magic Bullet is definitely a food processor you would want to look at. It makes a GREAT baby menu in less than five minutes.
The extras include anything you could possibly need and a couple of things you’d never think of. It has a silicone batch tray, milling blades, a blade for baby blends, storage cups, a spatula, a resealable lid, a recipe guide, and a whole lot more!
The batch tools are especially great on this food processor. It allows you to cook and store in batches according to a dating system.
- All the accessories make boring baby food exciting
- The dated storage is fantastic for fast lifestyles
- It’s really quick
- The blade is not as strong as it could be
BEABA Babycook 4 in 1 Steam Cooker & Blender
This baby food processor does fish, meat, veggies, and fruits in 15 minutes. That’s from RAW! It has an auto shut-off feature for safety and includes a bowl with liquid ounce markings. You will get a recipe guide, a spatula, a mixing lid, and a cooking basket as part of the deal.
This is essentially a baby food processor, but it operates and feels like the kind of quality you expect from something you use to cook for the whole family. The durability and the quality of the design and build are really impressive. It’s made to last.
- Really quick from raw to finished
- A great selection of accessories included
- The recipe book has fantastic ideas
- The build quality is great
- The water tank HAS to be cleaned after every use
- Not suited for large batch cooking
- There have been problems with the lid on a few items
Children of Design 8 in 1 Smart Baby Food Maker & Processor
This single machine can do a whole lot! It juices, defrosts, sterilizes, reheats, warms milk, chops, blends, and steams. And the rack is removable so you can do more than one meal at the same time!
It cooks just about any fish, meat, veg, or fruit without a hiccup or snag, and the buttons and indicators will guide you through every step, from start to perfection.
It’s really, really easy to use, and it is even easier to clean. It has a self-clean option for after every use, and the blade, lid, and stirring cup are dishwasher safe.
Above all, the manufacturer offers a one-year warranty with 24/7 customer support. You will never be left in the lurch!
- It multi-tasks like nothing we’ve seen
- The cleaning options make it really convenient to use
- The warranty and customer service are great
- On the odd occasion, the machine kicks out an error message that requires a reset.
Bable Baby Food Maker for Infants and Toddlers
This is another multi-tasking marvel. It does fish, chicken, meat, fruit, and veggies. It will warm food and milk; it will sterilize, chop and blend. And it will steam too!
If you can think up a baby food variation, this machine will help you do it. Both the blender and the bowl are large enough to allow you to make several meals in one go.
Cleaning is a breeze. All components are removable.
The Bable also has a control panel with a touch screen – there’s not a setting you can’t get to.
- Cooking in advance is great with the unit’s large capacity
- Easy cleaning is heaven sent
- Multitasking is a gem in the kitchen
- The instructions are poorly translated – they take some figuring out
WHALELOVE baby food processor
And we’re adding another multi-tasker to the list. It heats milk really fast and steams and blends with equal ease.
The powerful blades mix, cut, and puree – so you can keep all the goodness inside.
It will heat milk to a hundred and four degrees in less than four minutes and also defrost or reheat baby food.
Everything happens with the touch of a button. The water tank descales itself, and the blade is guaranteed rustproof. All accessories are removable and safe to put in the dishwasher.
The unit is made to the highest European standards and has both dry burning protection and auto shutdown.
- The quick-heat function for milk is fantastic – less than 4 minutes every time
- The dishwasher-safe-accessories are simply brilliant
- There have been problems with the auto-shutoff – it tends to be intermittent in some units.
IKARE 8 in 1 Self Clean Baby Food Processor
This IKARE is a steamer, mixer, blender, reheater, and defroster all rolled into one. Guaranteed, you can cook your baby’s meal in under fifteen minutes. It has a double-layer basket that allows you to cook more than one food at a time.
The water tank is detachable – which is excellent. Not all machines have this feature. It self-cleans, and the removable blade is dishwasher safe.
The IKARE is controlled with a touch screen – and it simply looks great in the kitchen. A lot of thought went into the design.
The highest European safety standards are adhered to throughout the design and build processes, and it shows in the final product.
The cherry on top is, you will get a full money-back guarantee and the most amazing customer service imaginable.
- The customer service is fantastic
- The detachable water tank is a real bonus
- The design is really sleek and good looking
- The warranty and the customer service – AGAIN!
- If it is not cleaned properly, rust can appear
Ventray BabyGrow 300 Baby Food Maker
For steaming, this machine is really fast and efficient. And steaming is fantastic for retaining vitamins – more so than any other method of preparing baby food.
The components on this baby food maker have been upgraded, and it ensures much more rapid pre-heating and steaming times.
The Ventray has a timer that is adjustable for up to 25-minutes. And it does fish, meat, veggies, and fruit in a flash.
Blending is consistently smooth – and the large blade is detachable and dishwasher safe.
All exterior surfaces ate heat-protected for your safety.
The manufacturer will guarantee the product for you for one whole year.
- The pre-heating time is really quick
- The timer is a handy function
- The consistent and smooth blending function makes for a great baby food texture.
- The dial is old-school – it ACTUALLY TICKS while it counts down!
Baby Food Maker Buying Tips
It’s always a time consideration that gets us out and about to shop for a baby food processor, isn’t it?! It just makes life SO much easier.
That simple act of tossing vegs into the processor, pouring in some water, touching a screen, and having a ready-made puree a few minutes later is almost mystical!
Here are a couple of things to consider as you make your decision to buy and your choice of machine:
Do You Want A Manual Food Mill or An All-In-One Processor?
When you go manual, you will have to roast or steam the food yourself and then use the mill to puree it. The all-in-one – well, not so much. It will do it all and more for you.
The All-In-One Option
These are fantastic for busy parents. But like anything, they have both pros and cons.
- No pre-cooking is required. The processor will handle it all for you. Whole veggies into the one end, and puree out on the other. Well, almost …
- They take up a lot of space.
- They are not always easy to clean.
- They can be costly
What to Look Out for When You Are Buying
- You want it to be easy to clean, and you need it to be dishwasher safe.
- You want it to be BPA-free. BPA is used in plastic parts of food storage containers across the board. Adult bodies can cope with it, but you don’t want it to be close to your baby.
- You don’t want ANY of the materials to be breakable. Safety first!
- Make sure you get what you pay for. Price and quality don’t always match in this market.
- Make sure the unit you buy is well-specced. The electronics save time and make things super convenient. If you’re spending the money, make sure you get the bang for your buck.
- Make sure the capacity of the processor is ample. You don’t want to cook again and again just to get the week’s batches done.
- Make sure you have a steamer function – steaming is the basis of preparing healthy baby foods. It doesn’t only seal in the nutrients, but it also ensures color and flavor. And baby deserves food that looks good and tastes great!
A decent baby food processor is almost a must in the kitchen. It’s like the difference between you were making coffee out of a can in your college days and now making your coffee with an espresso machine in your kitchen. There is really just no way to compare the two.
It is also a sure-fire way to ensure that your baby gets all the locked-in nutrients and all the great-tasting baby food they deserve.
These baby food processors change lives, they change families, and they change households.
If you keep your head together and really know what you want one of these to do for you, make sure you get a machine that does all of that and more and that you don’t pay more for it than you should, you’ll feel the weight of the world lift off your shoulders.
That’s a guarantee!