If you want to make it easier for yourself to get your stubborn little tot into bed every night, you may want to consider purchasing a storybook. Such books not only help you get your child into bed willingly, but they also help you teach them a thing or two.
You’ll find several books available today that are tailored to appeal to kids of all ages. Choosing the right book for your child can help them learn to read faster and (if you purchase a board book) can help you enhance your child’s motor skills as well.
In the following sections, we’ll go through some product reviews for some of the best books we could find for 2-year-olds, along with some tips and tricks on how you can choose the best one for your kid.
In this section, I’ll take you through some of my recommendations for the best books for 2-Year-Olds. Make sure you go through all the reviews carefully to ensure you pick the best book for your little one.
A Collection of Stories For 2-Year-Olds by Parragon Books
This book contains all the classic stories you grew up listening to yourself. Your little one will be treated to everything from the tale of the Three Little Pigs to Goldilocks. The book contains some new rhymes and stories as well.
- All the stories are short and easy to follow with simple language.
- This book contains several beautiful illustrations that are sure to engage your child’s imagination.
- It has 10 classic fairy tales, stories, rhymes, and more.
- You can use it for children aged between 2 – 5 years.
- It’s perfect for both everyday reading and special occasions.
- All of the stories featured in the book are easy to read for children.
- The illustration is enthralling and well-designed
- This book contains enough material to keep your little one entertained for weeks.
- The nursery rhymes, in particular, are sure to be a hit among young children.
- The stories fit older children, too, so this book proves to be a worthy investment.
- It contains barely any stories – mainly rhymes.
- The binding is a little poor, and the make comes off as being slightly cheap.
LeapFrog Learning Friends 100 Words Book
This book essentially makes use of vivid illustrations of animals to keep your child occupied and entertained for hours together.
The animal friends drawn wonderfully in this book will engage your child’s attention and make sure they learn several new words while having fun at the same time.
- The book features colorful illustrations of a tiger, turtle, and monkey that help your child learn new words.
- The book consists of 100 words; all considered age-appropriate for children aged 18 months and above.
- The book features bilingual words so children can learn both English and Spanish.
- The star button on the book allows your child to learn a song as well.
- The book includes several word categories such as foods, colors, meals, animals, opposites, activities, and more.
- The book contains several illustrations that help your child identify the words they read with their respective depictions.
- The bilingual feature allows your child to pick up both English and Spanish in a fun way.
- The book has words that are suitable and easy for babies to learn as well.
- Your child can learn new words by singing along to the pre-recorded song as well.
- It has more than enough words to truly help your child expand their vocabulary.
- The pages can be a little challenging to turn for young children who are still learning to master their motor skills.
- The words in the book are a little too sensitive to even the lightest of touches.
Never Let A Unicorn Scribble By Diane Alber
This paperback book is a fun, unique story about a girl who constantly hears the words, ‘never let a unicorn scribble!’ several times throughout the day.
This simple, heart-warming story is sure to intrigue you as much as it will your child. Reading this story to your child at bedtime will provide a great bonding experience for the two of you.
- It’s a paperback book that contains a single story.
- The characters in the story are created in a manner that teaches your child a few valuable lessons.
- The main feature of this book is the focus on developing a story with simple characters that young readers can relate to
- This book is suitable for toddlers aged 2 years and above.
- The story is simple, warm, and enjoyable for younger and older kids alike.
- The characters in the story are sure to appeal to young readers.
- Since it’s a single-story, young readers are sure to feel a strong connection to the characters.
- The illustrations that pepper the book are beautifully drawn and fun to look at
- It makes for the perfect bedtime story for young kids.
- The book isn’t printed very well, and it isn’t unusual for readers to find small streaks of color throughout the book in places where they shouldn’t be
- The story is a little too short and could do with some more detail.
There’s A Bear on My Chair by Ross Collins
This book is a creative story revolving around the consequences of having a mouse discover that a bear has taken over their chair. It’s an interesting premise that’s sure to spark the curious young minds are known to brim with.
- This book is perfect for children aged 2 years and above.
- The story is told in the form of a rhyme, and children are sure to enjoy this.
- The story and illustrations are reminiscent of Dr. Seuss’s story.
- This simple and fun story is sure to be a bedtime favorite among young kids.
- Since the story follows a simple rhyme scheme, children will learn the whole story by-heart before long.
- Learning to recite the story will teach your child several new words
- The illustrations are vivid and amusing for children and parents alike.
- The simple words used in the story are easy enough for children to read by themselves.
- Young children are sure to love the illustration of the bear in particular.
- The cover is of poor quality and is easily damaged.
Giraffes Can’t Dance Board Book By Giles Andreae
This story follows the journey of a giraffe who would like to dance but isn’t able to. This engaging, warm story is sure to lull your child into having a healthy, good night’s sleep. Moreover, your child will be able to read and follow the simple language used in the book.
- This book is well-suited to children who are aged 2 – 9 years.
- The story is unique, creative, and engaging.
- The story has quite a nice rhythm that reads well and is easy to follow for children.
- It features some great characters that are sure to stick with your child long after they’re done reading the story.
- The story is funny and easy to follow, making it an instant hit among young and older children alike.
- The illustrations are vivid and quite animated.
- The premise of the story is unique enough to encourage your kids to explore their imagination.
- It’s a simple yet inspiring story – making it perfect for impressionable children.
- The rhythm is engaging and fun for children aged around 2 years.
- The illustrations are more engaging than the actual story itself.
Bedtime Songs – 11-Button Interactive Children’s Sound Book By Scarlett Wing
This hardcover book is sure to be a family favorite – not just a favorite among young children. The enchanting illustrations and sounds have captured the imaginations of toddlers, older children, and parents alike since its release. Your child can even learn to sing along to these beautiful stories.
- The book is created using steady construction and binding techniques that give it a vintage vibe.
- It features stories in musical form, which is perfect for younger children.
- It features 10 songs that are supported by rich illustrations.
- The songs included in the set are some classics such as Twinkle Twinkle, Brahms Lullaby, and Hush Little Baby.
- Your child will be able to play the song they desire simply by pushing the buttons that correspond to each song.
- The audio buttons play tuneful melodies rather than full-fledged songs.
- Using the buttons to play the songs help your child exercise and improve their memory
- The buttons also help enhance your child’s basic motor skills.
- Your child will develop a taste for music with the help of this board book.
- The soothing melodies featured here are ideal for bedtime.
- Listening and playing the songs together will prove to be a great bonding experience for parents and their children.
- The lyrics to some classic songs and rhymes have been altered in this book.
- The rhythm of a few songs is a little too fast for a bedtime book.
Wherever You Go Board Book By Pat Zietlow Miller
This book is essentially a story that’s meant to children the simple joy of celebrating everyday life. This board book is packed with beautiful illustrations and life lessons that are sure to be an enriching experience for your child to go through as you read it to them.
Your child will even learn to identify new animal friends as you take them through this book.
- This board book is created by award-winning author Pat Zietlow Miller.
- It features a steady, smooth rhyme scheme that keeps readers of all ages engaged – particularly young readers aged 3 and younger.
- The book features several valuable morals and lessons parents would like to teach their kids.
- It features an adventurous story that’s sure to make children curious as to which direction the story will take
- Each page is rich in detail and difficult to put down.
- The content featured in the story is both inspiring and engaging.
- The lessons imparted by the author are perfect for young, impressionable readers.
- The illustrations, in particular, are rich in detail and engaging for toddlers.
- The story is a little too long and complex for very young readers to follow, if not explained well enough.
Now that you’ve gone through our product reviews for the best books for 2-year-olds, you’ll likely be wondering how you can choose the perfect one for your tiny tot.
Well, it’s not all that difficult if you know what factors to look out for a while purchasing a book. Let’s go through a few of these together.
Your Child’s Preference
The biggest factor that should influence your decision to purchase a book for your child is their preference. Children aged 2 years and above are beginning to understand their minds quite well, so they’ll surely let you know what kind of stories interest them.
Is your child fascinated by animals? Nature? Do they love fairy tales featuring magic and the like? Ask them and look for a book that features these elements to keep your child entertained for weeks to come.
Don’t just opt for a book that has colorful illustrations or amusing sounds incorporated into the story. Ask yourself: what will this book teach my child? If the answer isn’t impressive, move on and look for another book.
A good book should be able to teach your child some valuable morals and lessons along with entertaining them.
Most – if not all – children, especially toddlers, won’t look at a book twice if it’s not peppered with beautiful illustrations. You’ll find plenty of paperback and board books out there that feature gorgeous illustrations that will help expand your child’s imagination.
Make sure you opt for one of these, and who knows – you might just end up loving them too.
In conclusion, choosing the best book for your 2-year-old shouldn’t be all that difficult – if you know what you’re looking for. Most children have preferences when it comes to what they’d like to read before bedtime.
Choosing the right story to keep your child entertained and teach them a thing or two will prove to be an enriching experience for you as it well for them. After all, some of the best memories most of us have from our childhood is reading bedtime stories with our parents.