If you’ve been trying to discipline your kid/kids for a while and are at a loss of what to do, you could consider using a behavior chart. Such charts are packed with activities young children should indulge in. These activities include everything from basic good habits to helping out with chores around the house.
A good reward chart should be bright, colorful, and easy to use. Only then will it prompt curiosity from your child and help them enjoy indulging in ideal behavior.
In this article, we’ve covered everything from product reviews of the best behavior charts we could find and tips on how you can choose the best one for your kids.
In this section, we’ll go through our reviews of the best behavior charts for kids available today. We’ve listed the features, pros, and cons of each of these charts below. Make sure you go through each review carefully to ascertain which chart would suit your needs best.
‘I Can Do It’ Reward And Responsibility Chart By Kenson Kids
This chart is ideal for parents wanting a simple tool to help discipline their kids. This chart not only helps instill a sense of discipline into your kids, but it can also help teach them some basic manners as well.
- It has no less than 20 behaviors and chores for you to choose from
- Each chore or behavior is uniquely colored and attractive to kids.
- There are 45 stars included that are made using reusable plastic.
- The chart also comes with loop fasteners and a hook that makes it easy to hang on the wall.
- It also has magnetic strips that allow you to fasten it to a refrigerator or other metallic surface around the house.
- It includes some basic tasks your kids are supposed to fulfill each day, such as ‘help with the dishes’ and ‘water plants’.
- It helps teach your kids basic manners.
- It helps discipline your kids and make them want to perform some basic, routine tasks.
- It comes with more than one fastening tool.
- You can put it up anywhere in the house.
- The stars are reusable and help avoid wastage.
- It takes a fair bit of time to use the stickers for every task.
Magnetic Reward Behavior Star Chore Chart by DasKid Store
It is one of the easiest behaviors charts available for kids today. Using it is a breeze, and your kids will love how colorful and attractive this chart is.
- The pack includes a behavior chart, dry eraser markers that are magnetic.
- The magnetic markers come in 3 colors: black, blue, and pink.
- This chart is the perfect size to fit on any refrigerator (17 X 13 inch)
- To use the chart, you simply need to fill in the stars with your desired color.
- Once each row is filled, you simply need a paper towel or dry cloth to erase the marker ink and begin again.
- The item is packed quite well in sturdy packaging that ensures you receive it in excellent condition.
- It’s an eco-friendly set as the marker ink can be erased, and the chart can be reused several times.
- It can fit easily on pretty much any surface around the house.
- Using the chart is neither difficult nor time-consuming for busy parents.
- It’s a little pricey compared to similar behavior charts available today.
Pneat Good Behavior And Chore Chart
This chart helps you encourage your kids to indulge in good behavior and good habits every day. With simple tasks or chores and colorful illustrations, this chart is sure to be a winner among spirited young children.
- It has an impressive 51 chores for your kids to follow and excel at
- The pack contains no less than 60 stars that are reusable.
- It’s designed for use on the refrigerator or other metallic surface as it’s been fitted with a strong magnet at the back.
- It also has a string attached to the top if you prefer to hang it on a wall rather than stick it on your refrigerator.
- It covers everything from chores to basic manners.
- The 60 reusable stars are a definite bonus as they allow you to use the chart as many times as you need
- The illustrations that accompany each chore are attractive and colorful.
- You can put this chart up practically anywhere in your house.
- The pack contains more than enough stars for you to keep your kids busy throughout the week.
- There aren’t many blank spaces on the chart to accommodate enough stars.
- It works well on metallic surfaces but not on walls as the glue is not very strong.
HomeN’Stars Chore Chart for Kids
This chore chart is aimed towards bringing out the best behavior in your kids by prompting them to perform simple chores every day. Not only does this chart help teach your kids the importance of good behavior, but it also helps them learn about responsibility as well.
- The pack includes a chart, 3 name tags (magnetic), 60 chore tags, 180 stars, and 7 blank tags.
- This comprehensive set covers everything you’ll need to discipline your child while teaching them the value of positive thinking.
- This set was designed by a child psychology expert in the US and is a popular recommendation among child therapists worldwide.
- The chart is just about the ideal size to stick on a refrigerator (17 X 13 inch)
- The magnets that hold the chart up are all made from non-toxic, durable materials that allow you to use the chart for years.
- The chart is peppered with bright colors and illustrations that are sure to capture your child’s imagination.
- It contains plenty of blank spaces to accommodate all the stars you could use in a day.
- The magnets are quite sturdy and don’t come off easily.
- The set contains easy chores that bring out good behaviors in kids.
- The chart’s system of collecting rewards encourages children to behave well and take on responsibilities every day.
- There’s no provision to help you put the chart up on the wall instead of the refrigerator.
Magnetic Reward Behavior Star Chore Chart by SpriteGru
This set is packed with all the tools you’ll need to make sure your child has a productive and rewarding day or week. Complete with the means to hang it up on any surface around the house, this chart is quite popular among parents who would like to go the extra mile to discipline their kids.
- The chart comes with a premium magnet attached to the back that allows it to stick to any metallic surface
- It also has a string attached to the top that will enable you to hang it on a wall, door, or another surface
- The set contains no less than 60 chores that are highlighted with bright colors and rich illustrations
- It also contains 8 markers of different colors that can be dry erased
- 300 stars (all magnetic) are also included with the chart in 3 colors: yellow, red, and blue
- The chart allows your kids to set goals and evaluate their progress by themselves
- The illustrations are rich, colorful, and ideal for kids of all ages
- The marker ink can be dry erased, thereby allowing you to reuse the chart as many times as you need
- The chart can be hung up or stuck anywhere around the house
- Since each star has a magnetic backing attached, they’re very easy to use and stay firmly stuck to the chart until manually detached
- The chart helps your child observe and track their behavioral progress
- It gives you the option to customize chores for your child as well
- The markers run out of ink and require replacement within a short time after purchase
Luigi’s Safari Animal Reward Chart
This reward chart is one of the most creative ones out there with its animal/jungle-themed illustrations. Your child is sure to enjoy the whole process of improving their behavior with the help of this chart.
- It can be used by parents and teachers alike to encourage good behavior among young children.
- The stars can be removed easily if you wish to teach your child about avoiding bad behavior.
- The chart includes basic tasks you’d want your child to complete, such as brushing their teeth or washing their hands.
- You can either use the activity magnets with pre-determined chores or use the marker pens to customize your activities.
- It’s a magnetic chart and can be stuck to any metallic surface.
- All the pieces in the set – the chart, the pens, and the stars have magnetic properties.
- The chart helps you turn to discipline your kids into a fun, rewarding activity for them.
- Allowing you to reward your kids for good behavior helps foster lifelong good habits among your kids.
- This chart can be used in either classrooms or homes as it’s large enough for both.
- It contains more than enough space to fit any customized activities you’d want to add of your own accord.
- The board is thick, sturdy, and a little too heavy.
- The dry markers are not of excellent quality.
- The set does not contain any provision for you to hang the chart on walls or non-metallic surfaces.
Now that you have a fair idea of the kind of products we recommend and why we recommend them, let’s move on to discussing how you can choose the best product for you. You’ll need to keep the following factors in mind if you want to choose the best behavior chart for your kids.
Different behavior charts list out different activities on either the face of the chart itself or on the magnets that accompany it. You’ll need to assess which routine tasks your kids struggle with to pick out the ideal chart for them.
For instance, some charts focus on basic habits such as brushing, taking a bath, etc., while other focus on chores around the house such as helping with the dishes or laundry. Generally speaking, charts that include basic habits can be used for younger children, and those that deal with chores can be used for older ones.
Some charts – including a few we’ve featured above – have options that allow you to customize your activities as well.
Before you purchase a chart, ask yourself where you’d want to place it. While most charts have magnetic properties, not all do. If you want to stick your chart to the refrigerator, look for one that has magnets attached to the back.
On the other hand, if you want to hang your chart on the wall, look for one that has glue strips on the back of a string attached to the top.
Most charts produced by reputed manufacturers include stars, marker pens, and customizable blank cards in addition to the chart itself. As most behavior charts don’t exactly come very cheap, shelling out a few extra dollars for more tools won’t hurt.
All in all, choosing a behavior chart for your kids shouldn’t be all that difficult if you know what you’re looking for. Opting for a chart that covers a range of good habits, manners, and chores is your best bet when it comes to instilling good behavior in your child.
Moreover, a good behavior chart is also rich in bright colors and illustrations that ignite your child’s curiosity and make them want to indulge in good behavior, so they can use the chart.
The right behavior chart will allow your child to genuinely enjoy reforming their behavior and make them realize the importance of positive thinking as well.