Finding the most appropriate stroller for your little one is critical. Safety is paramount. So are comfort and convenience. Research, research, and more research are required. This takes time and effort, and maybe you don’t have the one and don’t have a taste for the other.
But we do. We have the time, and we love doing research! So, we’ve taken the legwork out of the equation for you.
It’s easy to get lost in the vast landscape of manufacturers and brands of baby strollers on the market. We’re going to take a look at Baby Trend today. We’ll peek in behind the curtain to tell you a little about the company as well as their products.
Baby Trend: Overview
Baby Trend took its first wobbly steps about three decades ago. In those years, they were designing and building high chairs and items for the baby’s nursery.
Their standards were high from the start, and this gave them their initial foothold in the market. Their mission statement, in fact, was to design and manufacture the most reliable, safest products for growing humans available on the market.
Today Baby Trend sets the pace in the industry. Its reputation is sterling, and its products make hectic lives easier.
The best Baby Trend Strollers
Baby Trend has become known for excellent, well-designed strollers that offer clever features other manufacturers don’t.
Here is our list of Baby Trend strollers we think you should have a look at:
- Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Stroller
- Baby Trend EZ Ride 35 Travel System
- Baby Trend Go Gear Sprout 35 Travel System, Phoenix
- Baby Trend Sit and Stand Double Stroller
- Baby Trend Snap-N-Go EX
- Baby Trend Navigator Double Jogger Stroller
- Baby Trend Jetaway Compact Stroller
These are strollers for all needs. They fulfill different functions, and they do it well! Whatever your stroller needs, you’re bound to find a model tailor-made for you in this list.
#1 Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Stroller
The first thing in your life a new baby will challenge is your active lifestyle. That’s a guarantee. If the only option is to take the baby along when you go for a jog, the Baby Trend Expedition Jogger is guaranteed to make your life a lot easier.
The whole design centers around safety while you jog – yours and your baby’s.
There are a whole host of really well-conceived features. This stroller uses inflatable bicycle tires for a smooth ride and an easy push. The wheels in the front swivel, and when you need them to be stable, they can lock. Unlock the wheels when you’re busy with day-to-day things like shopping.
You can unlock it to use the stroller around town while the only running you’re doing is errands. A lot of practical thought went into the design of the handle too. It is more than long enough for a secure grip, and an absorbent rubber will make sure your hands don’t slip when they’re sweaty from running.
This is an all-weather stroller. In the sun, you can extend the canopy for complete baby coverage. It can also be angled to shield the sun from any direction.
- It has wheels like a mountain bike! The tires will go anywhere
- You can lock the front wheels
- Sun protection is excellent
- Drink holders have been built in for both you and baby
- It’s more than affordable with fantastic features
- It’s not easy to store. It weighs a ton, and it takes up a lot of acreages.
- This stroller comes in a variety of colors
- It weighs around twenty-six pounds
- It can carry weights up to fifty pounds
- It’s recommended for ages up to 6-months
- It is 21x47x41 inches in size
#2 Baby Trend EZ Ride 35 Travel System
A travel system like the Baby Trend EZ Travel System is essential if you have a little one on the way. Ask any parent who has one – life with a young one becomes infinitely easier with a stroller like this.
Basically, this stroller takes care of your stroller and vehicle needs as an all-in-one package. You simply do an installation of the base of the stroller in your car – the instructions are included and are really clear. The stroller’s seat then doubles as a car seat and locks into the base when you need to travel, and locks out again when you’ve arrived.
You can put the baby in the car and take it out again without disturbing it.
Your baby will outgrow the car seat in around 6 months. Once that happens, you simply continue using the stroller without it.
The seat in this stroller is well-padded and really comfortable. It reclines into multiple positions, and the adjustments are really smooth and easy.
The sun protector on this stroller is excellent. It shows a lot of forethought went into the design. It expands, and there’s also a little window through which you can check on the little one. Mesh windows on the sides allow plenty of ventilation.
- It’s a complete travel system in one stroller.
- It will be great for your child all the way up to when it reaches fifty pounds.
- The harness adjusts to ensure comfort.
- The canopy is ample, and the mesh-covered ventilation windows are a genius idea.
- This stroller weighs a lot, and it takes up space
- The weight limit is great, but the eight restrictions of the car seat – not so much. Your child may outgrow the 30 centimeters quickly.
- A variety of colors and patterns available
- The stroller weighs thirty-five pounds
- The maximum weight it will carry safely is fifty pounds
- The car seat is just fine for newborns
- It is 26x46x40 inches in size
#3 Baby Trend Go Gear Sprout 35 Travel System
Lightweight is key if you’re on the go, getting off and on public transport, or if you travel all the time. The Baby Trend Go Gear Sprout 35 is the perfect piece of baby gear for this.
This stroller is a complete travel system. You have a base and car seat (it’s the famed five-point harness Secure 35). This seat also has energy-absorbing foam for added safety.
The chassis of the stroller is made from aluminum – the obvious weight advantage was a no-brainer in the design. An anti-shock system and great EVA tires make sure the ride is not bumpy at all.
The height of the handle can be adjusted – in fact, it has five different positions so that it will be comfortable for just about any size adult.
The stroller can also be used in different ways. It’s a bassinet; it can be used facing forward and facing the parent.
- Really lightweight. And it folds away easily.
- The car seat converts seamlessly into a complete travel system
- The aluminum frame has been built with durability in mind
- The seat can face both backward and forward
- Removing the car seat from the stroller can be a challenge
- The car seat’s canopy is a little flimsy
- A variety of colors are available
- It weighs around four pounds – that’s without the seat
- The cars seat is perfect for newborns
- User weight shouldn’t exceed fifty pounds
- It is 32x19x9 inches in size
#4 Baby Trend Sit and Stand Double Stroller
One baby is challenging. A baby and a toddler can be exhausting, like emptying the Atlantic Ocean with a teaspoon! Baby Trend realized this and came up with the Baby Trend Sit and Stand Double Stroller. If the elder wants to walk, this stroller is the perfect solution.
This unit is essentially a double stroller with a tandem seat. It quite comfortably accommodates two seated kids too. If one would rather walk on their own, simply take the second chair out, and the board becomes available for the child.
It adds all kinds of potential fun to any outing and takes the stress away. The platform will accommodate kids up to forty pounds (this is up to around just before three years).
Both seats on this stroller have integrated five-point harnesses, and they can safely carry little ones from around six months. And it has cup holders! With small trays for snacks!
- One of the best two-child solutions on the market
- The cup holders and snack trays are an inspired idea
- The rear seat is elevated
- It has a fantastic basket for storage
- It’s a pity the wheels are made of plastic
- The length of the stroller may be inhibitive in certain situations
- It comes in a variety of colors and patterns
- The stroller weighs around 32 pounds
- It’s recommended for little ones from age 6-months
- The maximum weight per seat is around forty pounds
- It’s 21.5x49x43 inches in size
#5 Baby Trend Snap-N-Go EX
If you have a car seat, this stroller frame is a great addition. The Baby Trend Snap-N-Go EX Universal is a pro-pick! The frame will work with just about any Baby Trend seat and even interchanges with brands such as Britax and Graco. No limitations here!
This frame is basically the chassis sans the seat. For the first few months, while your baby grows out of the infant seat, it’s perfect.
This unit weighs nothing. You can literally open it up with one hand. It stores in the trunk like it doesn’t even exist and has a storage compartment (yay!) places for cups and a complete parent console.
An adjustment harness on the frame will keep the seat safely in place. And there are brakes on the rear wheels for better safety.
- The frame is SO light and SO easy to fold away.
- Its compatibility with seats from other brands makes it a winner
- The parent console is both handy and practical
- The harness secures the seat in a jiffy
- The uneven ground may just be its nemesis
- This stroller weight around nineteen pounds
- It’s fine for newborns
- Not recommended for kids over 45 pounds
- The size is 24.5×36.75×40 inches
#6 Baby Trend Navigator Double Jogger Stroller
The baby Trend Navigator is brilliant for twins, or even when you just love the space and features of a double stroller. The durable frame is all about an active lifestyle, and it will comfortably accommodate little ones of fifty pounds each.
The five-point harness and multi-adjustable backrest make sure your kids can have a snooze-fest while you burn the carbs!
The MP3 connector is pure, unadulterated genius! All you need is a compatible player, and there’s music all around you!
The kids have snack trays, and there’s plenty of room for drinks too.
You can lock the swivel on the wheels in the front for added stability.
It corners like a well-oiled sports car when you unlock the wheels.
- An excellent stroller for an active lifestyle
- Great loading capacity
- The MP3 speaker is an inspired idea
- The snack trays and cupholders are great
- There’s no adjustment for the height of the handle
- It comes in a variety of colors
- It’s not recommended for kids over six months
- It weighs forty-three pounds
- It is 32.5x46x43 inches in size
#7 Baby Trend Jetaway Compact Stroller
Modern lifestyles often equate to life on the road. With the Baby Trend Jetaway Compact, it is easier than ever. The frame is both lightweight and durable. It will carry your child all the way up to fifty pounds. And the Baby Trend five-way harness has your back as far as complete safety is concerned.
This stroller is a really slick little number. The color selection is excellent and unique.
It has double wheels – the kid will ride in safety, comfort, and in style.
The handles have a parent tray with two cup holders right in the middle. And they’re easy to grip.
Above all, when you pack to go home, this stroller folds into an extremely compact unit. It’s great for the subway, and it’s equally brilliant for the bus.
- Really easy to carry
- Folds without effort
- The colors are great and vibrant
- It features double wheels on all sides
- The handles are really comfortable and easy to grip
- The seat has no reclining function
- Great colors
- It weighs just over thirteen pounds
- It is not recommended for kids under six months
- It will carry a maximum of 50 pounds safely
- It is 18.31×29.5×40.55 inches in size
Baby Stroller Buying Tips
What to look for and what to buy? Those are always the questions, aren’t they? Well, let’s see if we can give you a few pointers to make your life just a little easier.
A standard stroller with an umbrella – and it has to be lightweight – will make traveling easy and more or less effortless. Highly-specced strollers will have lots of add-on features like car seats or bassinets that can snap on.
A standard model, if you only use it occasionally, maybe just fine for you. But, if the stroller is going to feature prominently in your lifestyle, you may want to opt for a more comprehensive model. It’s worth spending a little extra and saving a whole lot of frustration!
Also, make sure of the durability – you want something that will last beyond the first one and give you years of good use. With the right stroller, this is more than possible.
What Kinds of Strollers Are There?
In short, you can choose between six different types:
- A travel system stroller
- A carrier for a car seat
- A double unit
- A stroller for jogging
- A lightweight unit
- And then, a full-size stroller
A Full-Size Unit
This type of stroller is designed to take your baby all the way through to the toddler stage. It’s normally sturdier and bigger than other strollers, and the durability is excellent.
A Lightweight Unit
You’ll probably lose a few features when you compare it to the bigger stroller, but it is much easier to handle when you’re out and about.
A Stroller for Jogging
This is literally what it says it is. If you have an active lifestyle and love to take your baby along when you go for a jog, this is the kind of stroller you’ll be wanting to look at.
A Double Unit
This one’s for twins. Or a baby with an older brother or sister who’s just not ready to give up using a stroller. You can get these units in two configurations – tandem or side-by-side.
A Carrier for A Car Seat
This is little more than a well-designed frame on wheels. It changes your car seat into a stroller and your stroller into a car seat with minimum fuss.
A travel system stroller
This is a stroller that pairs with a car seat. They’re usually full-sized. But that said, it is industry standard to make these units lightweight and durable too. So you can use them as a jogging stroller too if you pick the right model.
What Should I Think About Before Buying My Stroller?
Safety, reliability, and convenience should be top of mind. The best combination of the three will get you a stroller that will be minimum fuss and maximum pleasure.
When and Where Will You Need to Use It?
If you’re running around all day and navigating narrow spaces, a bigger stroller may not be ideal. But if you need your stroller to caddy your diaper bag, your purse, and other basics, a smaller stroller won’t do the job. Once you know when and where you want to use the stroller, these questions will answer themselves.
Is the Stroller You’re Looking at Any Good for Newborns?
A quick check of the specs and safety standards will tell you this in a flash. If the stroller offers features like a bassinet or even a proper recline, it would suit your infant from the first day. Some models are only good for older kids who have developed some level of neck control already. Make sure you know what you buy.
What Should the Lifetime Be?
You may end up paying a little more for adaptability, but you’ll end up saving if you get a model that will see your baby through the toddler stages too. Long-term value and add-ons are important here.
Is It Easy to Use?
Look, you don’t want to become exasperated every time you take the stroller out or put it away. Things like easy steering and smooth-running matter! And maneuverability is a biggie. Ask any mom!
Does It Fold and Unfold Easily?
Remember, you’ll have your baby on one arm, most likely your phone in the other hand, and you’ll be unfolding the stroller at the same time! Such is the multi-tasking nature of our lives with little ones.
Look for something that you can operate with one hand. This will make your life infinitely easier.
What Is the Weight?
It pays to compare specs here. One manufacturer’s lightweight isn’t necessarily your lightweight. If you are a city life, this makes a difference. If you’re up and down staircases all the time, it makes an even bigger difference.
Do You Need to Get More Than One Stroller?
If you have the luxury, then yes. By all means, get a stroller for every occasion! But if you don’t, decide on the specs that are most important to you, and look for a model that best provides you with those.
And remember the add-ons. If you can’t get everything you want right off the bat but buy a unit with expandable features, this may be a lifesaver later on.
In our experience, buying a stroller is almost like buying a car. There are just so many things to look at and consider when you’re making your choice. It has to look great – it’s for you, baby, after all. But it also has to be practical in every possible way.
Most of the manufacturers know this very well. Some of them are more creative than others and will offer you unique extras. A little digging is all it takes.